Become a Champion for Play & Joyful Learning!
Simple Ways to Educate Parents, Administrators, & Policymakers
TAKE THE 1ST STEP IN "RAE'S REVOLUTION!"
Tired of policies that replace play and joyful learning with worksheets and arbitrary standards in early childhood education?
Saddened by the children’s frustration and anxiety as they struggle to do what they’re not yet developmentally ready to do?
You can help turn things around! You can help return play and joy to childhood
and to early childhood education!
...And it's easier than you think!
Included in this two-hour course:
- The basics of becoming a champion. You don't have to wear a superhero cape to battle "the forces of evil!" You just need a passion for young children and the desire to return childhood to them.
- Facts! There are 4 myths circulating throughout our society that are wreaking havoc on childhood and early childhood education -- because parents, administrators, and policymakers believe them! If you're going to bust these myths, you need to know the facts. I offer them in this course.
- Empowerment! This is something teachers -- particularly early childhood teachers -- have been missing when it comes to both policy and practice. In this course you'll find the information and resources you need -- and the knowledge that you're not alone -- to help parents, administrators, and policymakers understand how young children learn best and what really matters in ECE.
- A video conversation with Denisha Jones, Executive Director of Defending the Early Years! DEY knows a thing or two about becoming a champion!
- FREE ACCESS to 7 parent letters and 6 brochures for administrators and policymakers -- and permission to reproduce as many as you want, for as many years as you want! These reproducibles offer the backup you need to make your case about play, recess, the truth about worksheets, and more. These alone represent a $100 value!
As Margaret Mead once said:
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
We are a LARGE group of thoughtful, committed citizens...and we CAN and WILL change the lives of the children who depend on us!
This course is for you if you are:
- an early childhood professional working with children birth to age 8
- a teacher in a public or private preschool, kindergarten, or early elementary classroom
- a childcare provider in a center- or home-based setting
- a lover of young children who wants to see childhood restored to them!
GROUP RATES AVAILABLE!
"This course on early learning advocacy was a wonderful refresher on why I do the work that I do, and the responsibility I have as an advocate as well as an educator. Thank you!"
~ Lynn Kaminski
Get started now!
Rae Pica is an education consultant specializing in the development and education of the whole child. A former adjunct instructor with the University of New Hampshire, she is the author of 21 books, including What If Everybody Understood Child Development?: Straight Talk About Bettering Education and Children's Lives and What If We Taught the Way Children Learn?: More Straight Talk About Bettering Education and Children's Lives. Rae is known for her lively and informative keynotes and professional development trainings -- both virtual and in-person -- and has shared her expertise with such groups as the Sesame Street Research Department, the Head Start Bureau, Centers for Disease Control, Nickelodeon's Blue's Clues, Bright Horizons, Hasbro, and schools and resource and referral agencies throughout the country.
Rae's favorite questions begin with "What if..." And she's most proud of her fierce defense of childhood!